[BlueOnyx:21052] Re: Time problem *** solved ***

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 22 08:39:00 -05 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for looking at this for us.   We seem to have a wrinkle.

On 5/20/2017 1:38 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:

> You do need to have a NTP-server configured (which is good practice
> anyway) and in that case the system clock and hardware clock will be
> corrected almost immediately.

Indeed.  We have an on-site NTP server sync'd with GPS clock.  We do try
and keep services on NTP whenever possible.

For the customer that is having this time problem, they have their own
server running Aventurin{e} 6108R.  As you know, a BlueOnyx VPS running
on Aventurin{e} does not have an NTP option in the GUI.   In addition,
6108R does not appear to have the NTP option available, either.

We can, of course, manually set NTP up at the CLI on the Aventurin{e}
host node.   Before doing so, though, I thought I would check to see
what the recommendation is, in case it differs from that plan.

Thanks!
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services