[BlueOnyx:21514] Blueonyx on Vultr?

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 22:26:39 -05 2017

I have been using Vultr (via Cloudways) for some very large WordPress sites
and I have been VERY pleased at the speed they offer.

Cloudways charges almost 100% markup for their system to turn pseudo-bare
metal cloud servers into a well-managed service with support. I have not
minded paying that markup for the WordPress applications because the
benefits justify the cost quite easily. (They are fully optimized for
WordPress with Nginx and Varnish).

However I was looking at trying out a Vultr server directly for
non-WordPress stuff and I noticed they offer an "any ISO" setup where you
can provide an OS ISO and they will install it into their platform. Has
anyone tried to use BlueOnyx with Vultr? Seems a like it might be an
interesting option for some seriously fast SSD based cloud servers at a
reasonable cost.

M Aronoff Out -  <mailto:maronoff at gmail.com> maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  -  <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/31912.html> Thomas Jefferson