[BlueOnyx:21368] Re: PHP upgrade on 5106

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Fri Sep 15 08:29:42 -05 2017

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> 5106R is beyond EOL. You're going to have a bit of a time getting any
> sort of official support for it. (I'm not shaming you - we just
> yesterday moved someone from BlueQUARTZ to 5209R!)
>
> That said, I'm a bit confused. You mentioned you uninstalled 5.6. Did
> you do this via the GUI? I'm not sure how it would still appear in your
> installed software list if so.
>
> 5.1.6 is the default version on CentOS 5, which is why you're stuck with
> that if you've removed your other packages.

Yeah, I know, gonna get this one upgraded I guess. I tried to uninstall
5.6 via GUI but it crashed admserv and left it in the list of Installed
Software. Finally I renamed /home/solarspeed/php to php-old and the
uninstall completed successfully and then showed all the PHP options
under Third Party Software again. I installed the 5.3 package as that
was what the server was running to start but the GUI install stuck at
95% Executing post-install script(s). Nonetheless all the sites are
working again now on the 5.3 version, but no PHP package is listed under
the Installed Software page.

However, Roundcube does not work now after upgraded to version 1.3.1.
When I try to install PHP 5.4 version via GUI it just hangs at
Initializing. Is there any hope to get Roundcube working or PHP upgraded
at all?

--
Robert