[BlueOnyx:21369] Re: PHP upgrade on 5106

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Sep 15 09:06:54 -05 2017

Hi Robert,

On 9/15/2017 8:29 AM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Yeah, I know, gonna get this one upgraded I guess. I tried to uninstall
> 5.6 via GUI but it crashed admserv and left it in the list of Installed
> Software. Finally I renamed /home/solarspeed/php to php-old and the
> uninstall completed successfully and then showed all the PHP options
> under Third Party Software again. I installed the 5.3 package as that
> was what the server was running to start but the GUI install stuck at
> 95% Executing post-install script(s). Nonetheless all the sites are
> working again now on the 5.3 version, but no PHP package is listed under
> the Installed Software page.

Yes, I'd recommend not putting off your upgrade.   Main reason - the OS
is past EOL and past their being no security updates (hello, Equifax?)
there may be some features that need a tie-in to yum repos that no
longer exist.  That could cause installs to fail, etc.  Or at the very
least, some screwy results.

> However, Roundcube does not work now after upgraded to version 1.3.1.
> When I try to install PHP 5.4 version via GUI it just hangs at
> Initializing. Is there any hope to get Roundcube working or PHP upgraded
> at all?

Right - you will need 5.4 for newer Roundcube.   So you'll need to have
that (or later) to make that work.  As far as getting PHP upgraded... if
it's me or my team, I just wouldn't spend any time on it.  I'd just
stand up a new install and CMU across.   It's literally not worth the
time for the payoff.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services