[BlueOnyx:21420] Re: Can't SMPT or SSH

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 26 17:17:01 -05 2017

Hi Lewis,

> Telnet to port 25 times out.
>
> Like I said, this worked before on a different subnet. We just had to
> change IPs for a faster connection. There is no DMZ, just the main
> network's router on one IP, the 5209R on another and some wireless
> access points on another two.

Hmm ... it could be that port 25 is blocked from the outside. Some ISP's
do that for consumer internet access.

In that case: See if you have "Enable Submission Port" ticked under
"Network Services" / "Email" in the "Basic" tab. That opens port 587 for
Sendmail as well, so it'll listen on :25, :465 and :587.

In that case then try "telnet <ip> 587" and see if that might work.