[BlueOnyx:21441] Re: 5207R, 5208R, 5209R: YUM Updates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 29 03:20:21 -05 2017

Hi Christoph and Colin,

Christoph wrote:
> I understand that these services sometimes do not restart properly
> after updates/changes as it has always been the case, but with 5106
> and 5107 these "booboos" always were catched and nicely and timely
> fixed by swatch.

Yeah, I think it'll be a good idea to wiggle a mandatory run of Swatch
into the YUM update procedure. We do have a YUM plugin already in place
that restarts or rehashes CCEd. I'll extend that so that it also does a
swatch run afterwards.

Colin wrote:
> We have to reboot to solve the problem. I am sure there is an easy fix> but I have never been able to solve it. We see it on a number of our>
servers where we cannot restart http without rebooting. Maybe someone>
more knowledgeable can tell me what to do?
killall -9 httpd
/usr/sbin/swatch

That should fix it w/o reboot. But like said above: I'll publish an
update tomorrow that will automatically execute a Swatch run after
future YUM updates.