[BlueOnyx:21750] Re: let's encrypt renewal, 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 14 21:07:10 -05 2018

Hi Carl,

> Fixed. I tried to generate a new let's encrypt certificate, but the
> vsite had an alias that did not point to this ip address. Perhaps that
> caused the renewal problem.

Indeed, that causes the problem. You can specify which aliases should be
included in the cert request. LE will then try to validate each and any
domain name (all included aliases) by accessing them and checking for
the presence of the validation file. If one alias fails to respond or
points elsewhere, then the renewal or cert request fails.