[BlueOnyx:22211] Re: nginx error after deleting vsite

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 8 09:07:12 -05 2018

Hi Tim,

> I deleted a large vsite today via the GUI.
>
> All looked to go well. Got the site deleted OK button......
>
> till I got back from dinner when I was sent the email saying   * Nginx
> is not running and could not be restarted. ........
>
> I tried restarting via webmin and via the cmd.  Below is what I got from
> the cmd.
>
> I noticed in the error below a path "/home/.sites/106/site3/"
>
> I looked in that dir and all I see is a php.ini file and that's all
>
> I am guessing but this might have been something from the vsite I
> deleted that got left over and didn't get deleted?

Was "site3" the group of the Vsite that you deleted? If so, then please
check if you still have /etc/nginx/vsites/site3. That should have been
deleted as well. Perhaps it wasn't.

You can cross check that with /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/, which will have
siteX and siteX.include files for all existing Vsites, whereas
/etc/nginx/vsites/ will only have siteX files.