[BlueOnyx:22214] Re: httpd restart of sauce_serviced is locale dependent

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 8 12:06:57 -05 2018

Hi Tomohiro Hosaka,

> Since when did the problem come out with httpd restart.
>
> I tried to find a problem.
>
> I am using 5208R.
>
> From a conclusion, it was resolved with the patch below.
> The problem was that the code above was locale dependent.

You were absolutely correct and the code was indeed locale dependent.
Your fix is very elegant and I just added it to SVN:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/3144

I made some further changes to the code, as we were using "pkill -HUP
httpd", which doesn't work if Apache is already dead. We now only use
pkill if Apache is still running, but use either /sbin/service or
systemctl to restart if it's not already running.

I will publish YUM updates for 5207R/5208R and 5209R today that address
these issues.

Many thanks again!