[BlueOnyx:22278] Re: Rejected messages from list

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jul 21 12:11:16 -05 2018

Hi Robert,

> I noticed today after posting something earlier this week that messages
> stopped coming in back in May from the list. I took a look at our logs
> and see the below. I subscribed as this address using my Gmail account
> to post this, so Gmail must not have a problem with the list mailings.
> Our servers use Barracuda service, which blocks the IP. Anyone else
> reported the issue?
>
> Jul 21 12:16:26 mx1 postfix/smtpd[61064]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> lists.blueonyx.it <http://lists.blueonyx.it>[38.114.102.7]: 554 5.7.1
> Service unavailable; Client host [38.114.102.7] blocked using
> b.barracudacentral.org <http://b.barracudacentral.org>; Client host
> blocked using Barracuda Reputation, see
> http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1&ip=38.114.102.7;
> from=<blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it
> <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it>> to=<robert at webtent.com
> <mailto:robert at webtent.com>> proto=ESMTP helo=<lists.blueonyx.it
> <http://lists.blueonyx.it>>

Thank you for bringing that up. I just went through the hassles to
contact Barracuda.

This particular server and IP haven't had any SPAM related troubles in a
long time. So it's the same old story: If you run a list server (even if
it's just opt-in) it eventually gives that IP a bad reputation. /shrug