[BlueOnyx:22297] Re: 5209R Software RAID 1 (ATA)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 26 13:49:14 -05 2018

Hi Neal,

> one of my customer just loaded a 5209 and it mirrored as expected
>
> [root at enterprise ~]# cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities : [raid1]
> md0 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
>       818176 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
>       bitmap: 0/1 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk
>
> md1 : active raid1 sdb2[1] sda2[0]
>       243246080 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
>       bitmap: 2/2 pages [8KB], 65536KB chunk
>
> unused devices: <none>

Yeah, I just did a test install in a VM with two disks and that also set
up RAID1 just fine.

The thing here is that the kickstart script runs "list-hardrives" and we
parse the result to check how many disks there are.

Based on that it does different things. Two found disks should result in
a RAID1 with an LVM on top.

It would be interesting to know what "list-hardrives" reported on a box
that had two drives, but didn't get RAID1.

If you ever see this again? Please boot into rescue mode off the CD
after the install and run "list-hardrives" and report back the findings.