[BlueOnyx:22298] Re: 5209R Software RAID 1 (ATA)

Storer, Darren darren.storer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 06:27:14 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.

After a number of attempts (including manually wiping the drives and
updating the server BIOS etc.) the build always ends up in RAID 0.

The problem might be related to using a pair of identical SATA drives that
are significantly larger than 2 Tbyte. Now I'm looking around for a RAID
controller, so the OS only sees one drive.

You are very welcome to login if you think that might be useful...

Regards

Darren