[BlueOnyx:22165] Re: Installation Help

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 22 06:40:28 -05 2018

Hi DD,

> I am attempting to install 5209R manually on Centos7 inside VirtualBox. I'm
> following these instructions:
> https://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=5209r-manual-install
>
> I used EXT4, set up the network, edited /etc/selinux/config and rebooted for
> good measure, but after installing 5209R, waiting a while and rebooting I
> cannot log in - neither as root nor admin.

If you're using VirtualBox, then you can directly install 5209R via the
ISO image and can save yourself all of these hassles.

> Is there a step I'm missing or something I can check?

This sounds as if disk quota isn't working. Please check if the "admin"
account is present after the install and also see in /etc/fstab if the
mount options for /home have defaults,usrquota,groupquota enabled.

But like said: In that environment it's easier to use the 5209R ISO
directly.