[BlueOnyx:22175] Re: LetsEncrypt error on 5208R admserv

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 26 01:58:45 -05 2018

Hi Chris,

> When calling for http access to the server's hostname, it rightly
> redirects to the first configured vhost (site12 in this case.)   For
> instance, I can put a "test.txt" file into /var/www/html and it is
> completely ignored, as the server is redirecting to site12.
>
> If I comment all of the includes and the PerlConfigRequire, then we can
> pull up content from the hostname of the server itself which comes out
> of /var/www/html.
>
> Am I the only one seeing this behavior?

The line ...

PerlConfigRequire /etc/httpd/conf.perl/00-default-vsite.pl

... in httpd.conf sets up a Default VirtualHost on the server-Hostname
and (on 5209R) for all IP's. The index.html in there then does the
redirect to the GUI.

You can still put a page in there and can call it directly if need be,
but preferably you shouldn't.