[BlueOnyx:22172] Re: LetsEncrypt error on 5208R admserv

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 25 09:17:36 -05 2018

Here's an oldie but a goodie, just an update in case anyone else is
having the problem, or for the next time I search the archives running
down the same problem I've seen before. (That happens!)

On 8/28/2017 12:16 PM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> I put a test file in /var/www/html and when I called for it via browser,
> I was redirected to the www site, so there's a redirect of some sort
> that isn't right.
>
> Since nothing odd was found within /var/www/html (ie: .htaccess or
> redirect other than the stock) I'll start the process of looking at all
> the httpd configs.  So far I'm just not seeing it.

Confirmed it's narrowed down to the http config.  Just not immediately
sure how to fix it.

Here is what the end of /etc/httpd/conf/http.conf looks like:

# VirtualHost example:
PerlConfigRequire /etc/httpd/conf.perl/00-default-vsite.pl
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>
# Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_jk.conf
# Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_jk.conf
# Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_jk.conf
Include conf.d/*.conf
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site12
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site4
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site5
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site6
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site8
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site13
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site15
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site14
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site16
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site7
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site2
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site19
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site20
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site21
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/preview

When calling for http access to the server's hostname, it rightly
redirects to the first configured vhost (site12 in this case.)   For
instance, I can put a "test.txt" file into /var/www/html and it is
completely ignored, as the server is redirecting to site12.

If I comment all of the includes and the PerlConfigRequire, then we can
pull up content from the hostname of the server itself which comes out
of /var/www/html.

So we can certainly do that once every 60-90 days, go get the cert, then
set it back.   But that's kind of sloppy, eh?

This only happens on this 5208R box... never on the 5209R systems.

Am I the only one seeing this behavior?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services