[BlueOnyx:21875] Re: Backup size

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 22 10:29:31 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

> All of a sudden my backup file sizes are much smaller. There has not
> been any update to the advanced backup package that I noticed.
>
> Has there been any update to CentOS that might reduce the tar.gz sizes,
> like to pigz or something?

Not that I'm aware of. I just looked through the YUM log and don't see
anything that sticks out.

I also just ran CMU on a box and compared it with a CMU-export from the
17th. The backup from the 17th was 11GB, the one from today 10.5GB,
which I'd rate as the usual fluctuation.

I also looked "inside" some of the tarballs and they were consistent and
had good data.