[BlueOnyx:00964] Re: What to store on a separate disk

Scott Hayes shayes at officetracker.com
Wed Apr 1 14:23:01 -05 2009

If I'm not mistaken you can use the snap shot feature to capture the
current state of your instance so you can bring it backup with all
the updates or you can use the snap shot for a new virtual server so
it doesn't require a massive yum update. The updates are persistent
between restarts. This doesn't seem to be a show stopper since Amazon
is very reliable and the snap shot feature is your friend.

Julien, I would love to see BlueOnyx running in the cloud. Please
keep us updated with your progress.

Just my 2 cents.

We currently have a Centos5 and a Windows server running in the cloud
and have been very happy so far. 1 year later

Scott,