[BlueOnyx:00975] Re: Yum updated kernel appears not to boot

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Thu Apr 2 08:17:05 -05 2009

Well it looked good, but I didn't notice that the mac addresses for
the interfaces were swapped!

So what was my eth0 is now eth1, and what was eth1 is now eth0. Why in
the world...? Is this even possible??

I'm back up anyway, but if this thing had been 200 miles away instead
of my own closet, switching the cables around would have been much
more of a pain. I still think it is an unnecessary side effect.

Jeff, the kernel only becomes active after a reboot, so I suppose when
you get notification of a kernel update, you can take measures to
reverse that activity.

Regards (as I sign with relief)
Jeff