[BlueOnyx:00988] DFix Package

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Sat Apr 4 03:52:49 -05 2009

Hi Blue*s

Many of you have been using DFix to protect your servers. Its been a pet
project of mine for some time that grew out of necessity when we all had
problems with dovecot/pam lockups. DFix is able to detect, block and
report many common brute force attacks against your server. Just install
it, and watch the bad guys get stopped in their tracks.

Today, DFix has been re-released by Compass Networks as a PKG file. Some
good news...
  * It's still free
  * Easy install and updates are available via NewLinQ (Our enhanced
BlueLinQ update facility)
  * Works with BlueQuartz or BlueOnyx
  * Email notification when an update is available via BlueLinQ.
  * Server notification light will also come on if an update is available.
(To enable notification, you have to turn on periodic checks in your
server console)

To read more about DFix, go to http://www.compassnetworks.com.au/?page=dfix

Also available via NewLinQ (at no cost) is DenyHosts. This tool is
specifically designed to block SSH brute force attacks. It also links
back to a central server to block some of the most prolific hackers
before they even try to break in. It's the perfect companion package for
DFix.

More information about denyhosts is available at
http://www.compassnetworks.com.au/?page=denyhosts

Regards,
Greg Kuhnert

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
| <  o  > Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Check out our website for NuOnce module support.            |