[BlueOnyx:01081] Re: Fw: PHPMyAdmin

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Tue Apr 14 17:14:30 -05 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 19:48 +0100, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Rickard,
>
> > Michael, we need to move the phpmyadmin.conf file in /etc/admserv/conf.d
> > from the phpmyadmin rpm into base-phpmyadmin-glue instead.
>
> Yeah, I'm even for a more drastic approach: Rename the entire phpMyAdmin RPM
> into "blueonyx-phpmyadmin" and - like you said - move it's config files into a
> separate directory, too. That way we avoid this kind of conflicts.

Hi Michael,

isn't that a bit to drastic and a bit too support intensive? That would
mean that you/we have to support a base package instead of just
including it?

As it is (correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing changed in your
package is the config file that installs inte /etc/admserv/conf.d which
isn't standard centos/rpmforge placement. If we move the config file
into the base-package instead we could really use the upstream package
for phpmyadmin and thus get updates on the fly instead of rebuilding it
ourselves. If there is really big changes in the config file we'd just
have to re-issue a new base-phpmyadmin update with the new config. Doing
that would also remove the post-script in the base-phpmyadmin rpm that
patches the config file as we would control it fully.

There are more pressing issues that need to be solved, like a problem
with the dhcp-package not inserting static data into codb but still adds
the same data into the dhcpd.conf file.

Regards,

--
Rickard Osser <rickard.osser at bluapp.com>