[BlueOnyx:01135] Re: BlueOnyx UK distribution (suggestion)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 28 07:40:31 -05 2009

Hi Kevin,

> I would like to mirror the BlueOnyx ISO's from the UK. I am intending to
> rsync the ISO's, then seed them to the Internet as a .torrent file. Does
> any object to this, would I be ok to go ahead?

That would be fine and much appreciated. Do you just want to mirror the ISO's
or also mirror the YUM repository?

To mirror the entire YUM repository and also the ISO's you can use this Rsync
command:

rsync -rlptDqzH --delete devel.blueonyx.it::pub /your/path/

To mirror only the ISO's the command should be like this:

rsync -rlptDqzH --delete devel.blueonyx.it::pub/BlueOnyx/ISO /your/path/

If you want to provide a full HTTP mirror of the YUM repository, too, then
please let me know what the URL of that mirror it will be and also how often
that mirror updates, so that I can add it to the list of official mirrors.

A "full" mirror should update every eight hours or sooner. If you're just
mirroring the ISO's, then it can of course be a lot "slower" than that.