[BlueOnyx:01146] Re: How to chroot a user via sftp

"Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez" centos at nuestroserver.com
Tue Apr 28 22:17:28 -05 2009

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez wrote:
>> I downloaded and installed openssh-5.1 from david hrbac repos:
> <SNIP>
> This is nice.  Thanks for sharing.
> Something that would give me pause, however, before going forward to
> install is the fact that once this is done, zlib, openssl and openssh

it updates only openssh* packages, no zlib nor openssl.

and yes, Im concerned about this too, however the customer otherwise
woule not accept blueonyx (I said Bluequartz in the previous mail, sorry
about that).

My line of thought is: david will for sure continue providing openssh
packages porting them back from fedora.. and I guess centos-6 is not too
far in time and for sure it will come with openssh-5 installed,
backporting from that version to centos-5 will be for sure somehow possible.

And yes, an advice to those not needing sftp chrooted right now: dont
doit if you dont know how to update those packages from another
sources... my advise is to better wait for centos-6 and blueonyx for
centos-6..

but I was in a hurry... the job should be done today.. and I found a
quite easy way.

BTW, by chmodding those dirs... does anything breaks? As of now it has
been working perfectly. By editting the site will the permissions goes
back to the original ones? I guess not but just to be warned if the
customer calls ;-)

thanks in advance!
epe