[BlueOnyx:01986] Getting up to speed on Blue Onyx

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:18:19 -05 2009

Hi there,

I have recently had a Blue Quartz (Nuonce installer) dropped into my
lap, and i need to become familiar with this community again. Now i
see that Nuonce is no longer around, and they point people over to
here.

>From what I can gather, Blue Onyx is just a fork, and open source as
BQ was, and anyone can download and use it. Please correct me if I am
incorrect (IE licensing fees, etc).

Now if the above statement is true, is there a migration path? I
noticed on the home page that there is some sort of upgrader
script/installer coming. Is there an ETA on that? I am sorry if this
has already been covered. I looked through the archives, but there
seems to be no search option.

Is there any security updates still being done for the BQ (nuonce
installer) that I can use until I can get this box updated to Blue
Onyx?

Thanks in advance.

DK