[BlueOnyx:02114] Re: disk usage stopped calculating

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 14 08:07:02 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> Wow - even though the ownership was right, I deleted the .compiled.
> files and that resolved the issue.

Very good. :o)

>  I would not have guessed that on my own in a hundred years.

I think it only recompiles if the file is missing or outdated. It probably got
compiled after the chown and contained garbage due to that. And it wouldn't
get re-compiled because it was recent enough - despite being garbage.

> This one was -rwxr-x--- when I got to it.   Changed it to -rwsr-x--- as
> suggested.
>
> Disk usage also seems to be working fine now.   I think that the
> customer is really going to appreciate this.  Thanks for the help and
> suggestions!

Yeah, the missing setuid bit on ccewrap probably impaired the generation of
the usage statistics for the GUI. The GUI needs to run a script on the command
line as "root" to read in the disk usage. And ccewrap wouldn't do that w/o the
setuid bit on it.