[BlueOnyx:02123] Re: BlueQuartz management GUI seems to have lost all configurations

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 14 13:31:47 -05 2009

Hi Chuck,

> So I tried the cceclient on this system.  As soon as I typed "find
> Network" - the client just kicked me back to the command line.Just tried it
> with your suggestion - "find System".  Same thing happens - it just kicks
> me back to the command line.  No error, no explanation.

That's weird. It should give an error message if the object System was missing
or if the Class System was unknown. A thowback to the command line? Sounds
like CODB is indeed shot.

>> cced.init restart
>
> Tried that.  It made a difference.  Management GUI connection no longer go
> to START page.  Now it says its going to the Login page, but nothing
> appears.  Just a blank page.  And cceclient attempts now result in
> "Connection failed: Connection refused".

Outch. Somehow I now hear McCoy's voice saying: "He's dead, Jim." :o(

> I think I'll reboot and see what happens afterward.

Unless fsck does some magic it probably won't make a difference.

At this point I'd start to browse /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/ to see how it
looks like and if there is junk strewn around in some of the directories. With
"junk" I mean stuff that doesn't be long there. Or if critical objects like
the "System" one are missing or damaged. Each CODB object has it's own
directory in there and the directory name is identical to the object ID.
"System" (as said earlier) usually has the ID 1 or one closeby. Hence a look
at /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/1/ could help.

Anything inside /usr/sausalito/codb/ should be treated with a lot of care and
manually mucking with files and folders in there often does more bad than
good. As last restort one can recreate missing object manually if you know
exactly how they have to look like.

Do you have any recent backups of this box?