[BlueOnyx:02174] Re: ClamAV Spamassassin Milters

Phil Hamer phil at magma-group.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 17:00:59 -05 2009

Thanks Michael.

I loaded spamassasin through YUM (seems a recent version at the moment).

I have put some basic settings in to start me off using an online
spamassassin to tweak the local.cf file.

Spamass-milter took me most of the evening to read up on, find the required
version and load it.

I downloaded spamass-milter as an RPM package
spamass-milter-0.3.1-3.el4.kb.i386.rmp and installed it.

Have left the config file alone at the moment need to do some more reading
up on this.

I then changed /etc/sendmail.mc and added this line just before the MAILER
items :-

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
`S=local:/var/run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.sock,
F=,T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl

Don't have a clue what this does yet but it seems to work. Found this on a
Centos site from google.

make -C /etc/mail

service sendmail restart

service spamass-milter start

Maillog now shows spamd running and sendmail checking mail.

And I just got my first email with changed header as spam with the origional
mail attached.

Well impressed!

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys.