[BlueOnyx:02193] Re: New CentOS5 kernel available (important update)

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Mon Aug 24 20:46:13 -05 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 8:29 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:

>> Now if the network interfaces would stop flip-
>> flopping when I reboot with a new kernel... Kind of annoying.
>
> I know what you mean. :o(
>
> I have a box that does the same. As quick fix I just added the
> following line
> to my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:
>
> HWADDR=00:0C:6E:XX:XX:XX

It really isn't THAT big a deal now that it has happened after every
restart... The box is local, and I can reach the cables in the dark...
I just start a ping from a local machine, and when it doesn't come
back I flop the cables. Now that it has swapped back to my gigabit
card being local, I might try locking it down though.

Thanks!