[BlueOnyx:00600] Re: Email problems - 554 554 5.0.0 rewrite: excessive recursion

Mark Jaggers mark at 3dogstreet.com
Sat Feb 21 12:51:47 -05 2009

I have tried that too.  This is so frustrating.  I cannot get rid of that
recursion error.  Some of the sites that I have on my server that use google
as their mail server work fine it is only these ones that I want to use my
server for email that done.

I must be missing something somewhere.  I believe I have the godaddy dns
correct.

@ forward to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
www.domain.com forward to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
mail.domain.com forward to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

MX @ goes to mail.domain.com

on the server, I still have dns server enabled but for this site I turned
off automatic dns configuration.

in the TCP/IP settings for dns servers I only have listed the dns servers
that my provider has.  I did not add 127.0.0.1 or the ip for the godaddy dns
server.

MArk