[BlueOnyx] Install error on VMWare ESX 3.5

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 2 10:52:46 -05 2009

Hi Jes,

> I am getting this error when trying to install BlueOnyx on a virtual
> machine running on VMWare ESX 3.5:
>
> I am trying to install to a 10 GB virtual scsi disk.

10 Gigs is not enough if you let BlueOnyx automatically set up the partitions.
So it is good that you report this, so that I can post a respective notice on
the download page.

The default partitioning looks like this:

/	6144 MB
/boot	250 MB
/var	4096 MB
/tmp	2048 MB
swap	4096 MB
/home	all remaining space

Not counting /home that allocates 12.538 MB already.

For testing purpose do the following:

Boot off the CD and at the BlueOnyx splash screen (and instead of pressing
enter) type:

	linux self

Then press return. That will fire up the BlueOnyx installer in a fashion that
it allows you to define partitions (and their sizes) yourself.