[BlueOnyx:00034] Re: Observations

Dennis Slagers dennis at mixfans.org
Sun Jan 4 15:30:37 -05 2009

> I was not able to get the sql server to connect from the gui till I
> installed webmin, logged into it, changed the password for root and then
> was able to get it to connect in the gui.

the option for the mysql is giving username and password
by default root has no password for mysql, so if you add your new
password for it; it will not connect and not work

The 2nd option at the upperright gives you the ability to change the
mysql password, so your current password is empty, than you enter 2x
your new password.

now in the main menu it is working

no need for Webmin.

Tjsak!
Dennis
... tested blueonyx under VMWARE workstation