[BlueOnyx:00095] Re: Ftp

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 9 19:00:41 -05 2009

Hi Tony,

> I still can't get the phpmyadmin to work from the gui.

Am still a bit puzzled about that, as it works fine for me and a couple of
others. But maybe it's a browser issue. We recently implemented Rickard
Osser's suggested auto-login method for phpMyAdmin. If you're "admin" and
login to phpMyAdmin, it should automatically log you in as "root" with the
MySQL root password. In Firefox 3 this results in a security popup. Not sure
how IE or Safari may handle that. So which browser are you using there?

> Also, ftp is timing out.  I try with wsftp and it takes awhile to get
> there, but works.
>
> Cuteftp and filezilla will timeout and not connect.
>
> In the past, on cobalt, reverse dns was a big issue here, but I have
> checked that.

Hmm. Weird. I'll grab a copy of filezilla and will give it a try.

> Michael -- On the other list I talked about RAID drivers.   It was the
> silicon image, very common drivers for onboard raid, but they don't have
> drivers for centos, tried the red hat ones.

Are there drivers for RHEL5? They might work.

> for now the problem is with the motherboard, so I have ordered some new raid
> cards to see how they go.

Very well.