[BlueOnyx:00120] Re: PHP Question

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jan 12 16:40:18 -05 2009

Gregg wrote:
> I was wondering if it's OK to upgrade the php to the very latest version, or
> will that just break the entire gui up?
>
> I tried doing a yumupdate for the php, but there was no new update in the
> current repositories, but the latest version if 5.2.8 and the one installed
> is 5.1.6.

I'm not the final word on would it break the GUI or not.  But I tend to
think it would not.

If it was me, I'd probably set up a test box to try it out on (and then
let us know how it goes!)  :)   I'd probably also seek out one of the
3rd party repo's so you could yum update it and not break dependencies.

There's a thread on the CentOS forum that might help you:
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15860&forum=41

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services