[BlueOnyx:00131] Re: PHP Question

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:05:31 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> It's the same old story: The BlueOnyx GUI needs PHP-5.1.6, or Sausalito
will
> bitch six days 'til Sunday, as it's compiled against that specific version
of
> PHP.

If I could make a humble suggestion, since you have forked BQ into BlueOnyx
maybe it's time to think about rolling the PHP the admin webserver needs
into a separate RPM and location so that the default webserver might be more
easily upgraded and changed without risking the system.

I understand it's easier to throw these ideas out than to do them so I
understand if there is a good reason for not doing so.  But at this point it
seems like it could enable better security and easier upgrades by allowing
the CentOS PHP packages as they are released.

Just another 2cents...

M Aronoff - West Hills, CA