[BlueOnyx:00135] Re: BlueQuartz >> BlueOnyx migration for VIRTBIZ customers

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 13 01:09:49 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> Since many of you are on this list, this seems like an
> efficient way to make sure everybody has an answer.  I'll re-iterate
> what Michael Stauber has said previously which is there is not a yum
> update from one to the other.  However, CMU works pretty flawlessly.

That's true. Am still working on a mechanism that will allow to upgrade a
BlueQuartz to BlueOnyx. But truth to be told: It will not be for the faint at
heart and I cannot guarantee that it will work 100% for everyone.

After all, even the official canon of the CentOS developers is: There is no
seamless upgrade from CentOS4 to CentOS5.

The more "customized" a BlueQuartz is, the more tricky the procedure will get
anyway. I'll do my best to roll an upgrade mechanism out, but for the time
being (and even afterwards) CMU will be the safest and cleanest way to do it.