[BlueOnyx:00133] BlueQuartz >> BlueOnyx migration for VIRTBIZ customers

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 13 00:35:14 -05 2009

I've been getting a lot of email regarding how to make the switch to
BlueOnyx.  Since many of you are on this list, this seems like an
efficient way to make sure everybody has an answer.  I'll re-iterate
what Michael Stauber has said previously which is there is not a yum
update from one to the other.  However, CMU works pretty flawlessly.

For VIRTBIZ dedicated server customers that would like to migrate from
BlueQuartz to BlueOnyx, I am arranging to have free systems made
available to help with a smooth transition.

There's no need to pay for 2 systems at once if you're making a
migration.  We can keep both systems alive for you at the same time, on
the same IP ranges.   We'll fire up the new system, assign it one of
your IP's and then hand it over for you to make your customizations and
migration.  When you're done transferring sites across, we'll shut down
the old system.

If anybody would like more on this, please contact me privately
(off-list) so we can make the appropriate arrangements.

Since we have varying inventory levels of specific equipment at a given
time, this will be a first-in/first-out offer.

Non VIRTBIZ customers who are interested in making a migration... I can
probably also help you out.  Again, email me privately and we can
discuss specifics.

If this doesn't interest you at all, forgive the intrusion.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services