[BlueOnyx:00210] Re: site cpu %

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.com.mx
Wed Jan 14 16:40:51 -05 2009

While running TOP command,

Press the number 1 on yout keyboard (the key above the Q) And it should show
the Load on each of the cores that your new server has.(if you are running
the SMP Kernel)

Most likely one will be at 100% usage (when you run your script)

But that is the benefit of the new technology you have other cores to do the
rest of the jobs.

It happened in our case of a twin xeon box, which helped us discover we had
8 cores running and not 4 as expected .

HTH

Rodrigo O
Xnet