[BlueOnyx:00222] Re: SSH file transfer

Brian bmcewen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:34:16 -05 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Jeff <jeff at skislave.com> wrote:
> On another non-blue[Onyx|Quartz] host, I use scponly in a chrooted
> environment.  This allows for SCP/SFTP without allowing a shell.  I
> suggested this as a feature for BlueQuartz several times, with no response.
> I'm NOT familiar enough with developing in BlueOnyx to add it as a
> feature...but it shouldn't be that difficult.

I think scripting something to re-add the IPtables entries I linked to
in case the rules get clobbered by the UI would be OK for my purpose,
although I can think of certain complications already.

At this point tho someone  will mention that BO has  switched to
IPChains, which from my reading can't do this typeof IP:port
redirect....

Brian