[BlueOnyx:00207] Re: SSH file transfer

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jan 14 15:44:56 -05 2009

Hi Jeff,

> On another non-blue[Onyx|Quartz] host, I use scponly in a chrooted
> environment.  This allows for SCP/SFTP without allowing a shell.  I
> suggested this as a feature for BlueQuartz several times, with no response.
> I'm NOT familiar enough with developing in BlueOnyx to add it as a
> feature...but it shouldn't be that difficult.

Jeff, I started looking into this recently. I have scponly (non-chrooted)
running on a test box of BlueOnyx now. I also managed to get it running in a
chrooted jail. The tricky part now is to script the automatic jail setup,
which is a bit hairy. But it'll get added once I have the kinks worked out.