[BlueOnyx:00256] Re: upgrading to BlueOnyx ?

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Fri Jan 16 16:09:17 -05 2009

Let me prefix this email with the comment that I am thankful for
everything Brian has done for the Blue community. He has given a lot of
his time towards the CD installer, as well as his commercial products.
Brian has listened to suggestions and incorporated customer ideas into
his products.

I dont know what was the tipping point that has contributed to this
decision, but it is sad that it has happened..... As I said in an email
to Brian, I feel like I am loosing a BlueQuartz family member.

When I first started using BQ, I purchased all of Brian's applications
that were available at the time. I did not use many of them at the time,
but it was my way of contributing to Brian's efforts... and if I found a
use for the app in the future, that was a bonus.

I also purchased 12 months of support for all of his applications....
and I kept renewing each year.

I still have half a year remaining on my current agreement, with no
prospect of any support/updates. My budget has not taken into account
the need to re-purchase software/updates.

I have written to Brian, but I have not received a reply.

This is a blue time for the Blue community.....

Regards,
Greg.