[BlueOnyx:00266] Re: upgrading to BlueOnyx ?

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Sat Jan 17 08:51:10 -05 2009

Greg Kuhnert wrote; Friday, January 16, 2009 3:09 PM

> Let me prefix this email with the comment that I am thankful for
> everything Brian has done for the Blue community. He has
> given a lot of
> his time towards the CD installer, as well as his commercial
> products.
> Brian has listened to suggestions and incorporated customer
> ideas into
> his products.
>
> I dont know what was the tipping point that has contributed to this
> decision, but it is sad that it has happened..... As I said
> in an email
> to Brian, I feel like I am loosing a BlueQuartz family member.
>
> When I first started using BQ, I purchased all of Brian's
> applications
> that were available at the time. I did not use many of them
> at the time,
> but it was my way of contributing to Brian's efforts... and
> if I found a
> use for the app in the future, that was a bonus.
>
> I also purchased 12 months of support for all of his applications....
> and I kept renewing each year.
>
> I still have half a year remaining on my current agreement, with no
> prospect of any support/updates. My budget has not taken into account
> the need to re-purchase software/updates.
>
> I have written to Brian, but I have not received a reply.
>
> This is a blue time for the Blue community.....

Yes, we will all miss Brian,
I have been doing business with Brian for several years.

Back in the early days, I donated a Tyan server that I manually
installed BQ on.
http://fsn.raqware.com/CentOS4/Manual-CentOS-Install/CentOS4-Install-REA
DME
And from that Brian developed the install CD. GREAT!

If you remember we originally attempted to 'sell' the install CD.
And a few of you actually purchased! THANKS!!! as Brian and I invested
heavily.

Then, some business, I think "firstlight networks" which was pushing
TLAS came out with a free CBQ install CD.
I don't recall, but it was not anything near as good as Brian's
installer.

Anyway, that is some history, and we will miss Brian!

Gerald