[BlueOnyx:00257] Re: upgrading to BlueOnyx ?

midintertech midintertech at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:12:39 -05 2009

> He has given a lot to the BQ universe. I think we owe him a lot of
> appreciation and more. I wish him the best and that our paths may cross
> again in the future.
>

> I owe a great debt of gratitude toward Brian and others from the BQ world
>for where I am today in knowledge and career. Specifically, Brian's packages
> were ALWAYS fair priced and his support was outstanding. That being said,
> the community support that Brian contributed paved the way for my passion
>toward open source collaboration. I thank him and all who contributed to keeping
> BQ alive in the past and look forward to supporting and participating in the Blue
>Onyx project. Kudos Brian! Good luck and take care of your family.....
>

>has anyone contacted Brian about buying the rights to his software? I would be
>interested. I also would say, that he was very important to my success and he will
>be missed greatly! tony
>

>PS, I think some of Brian's software packages may be resurrected. Many of them
>can (with some work) be updated manually in the meanwhile.

We agree totally and wish Brian the best! He has done so much and to
think he did it in
his spare time is baffling. To our knowledge he was the one(the
first?) to release the easy
to install centos +bq together on one cd image?? We had bought many
pkg's from him and
we thought he always had fair prices & licenses and was always there
to try to help with support.

We realize that things change and people sometimes have to move on to
other things, but
we do wish he could have given a little more notice and/or possibly
left his pkg's up to sell
with a disclamer of no longer supported, or released the code to
someone else or the public.
We ourselves were just about to buy several pkg's from him to upgrade
our several centosbq
servers, we had just been waiting for the first of the year to do
it... now poof! And while the
blueonyx looks promising, we ourselves would not be making an
immediate change until we
have more time to test it ourselves and flesh out what is available
for it and at what price.
Which might be quite sometime, as you can never tell what will take
hold and what won't in
this crazy economy & world.

best regards to all