[BlueOnyx:00271] Re: upgrading to BlueOnyx ?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jan 17 09:43:47 -05 2009

Hi Abdul,

> Michael, I do hope you and Brian are working something out in the Backend.
> There were some packages unique to Brian that I think would be great to
> continue like the Web app installer.

Brian sent me the sources for the Web app installer and also mentioned that
he'd love to see them ported to BlueOnyx. I'll do my best there.

> Perhaps you will get more business and as a result, you might have the
> volume to adjust prices?
>
> Some of us are really small, hence the reason we stick with an Open Source
> system such as BQ/BO (I don't care I like the BO acronym).

Yeah, I may be able to adjust prices if the volume of sales increases.

However, you'll also have to keep in mind that I'm running Solarspeed full
time, while Brian was running NuOnce on the sidelines and had a regular
daytime job to support him and his family. That of course allowed him a
pricing model which I could neither copy nor emulate.

OTOH: While the initial price of my software may be higher than what Brian has
offered in the past: Most of my PKGs auto-update their components through YUM
or - (if they don't) updates of them are available for at just a fraction of
the price of the initial purchase. Likewise, if people already have package
XYZ from me for BlueQuartz and want to move to BlueOnyx, then they can just
order an update and don't have to pay the full price of the corresponding
BlueOnyx PKG.