[BlueOnyx:00320] recompile PHP5

Scott sstahl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 16:39:17 -05 2009

I need to recompile PHP5 on my test BlueOnyx box and have encountered a
problem.  When I run the confgiure script I get the following:

Sorry, I cannot run apxs.  Possible reasons follow:

1. Perl is not installed
2. apxs was not found. Try to pass the path using --with-apxs2=/path/to/apxs
3. Apache was not built using --enable-so (the apxs usage page is displayed)

The output of /usr/sbin/apxs follows:
./configure: line 6699: /usr/sbin/apxs: No such file or directory
configure: error: Aborting

I see that Apache2 is installed via RPM but php was likely compiled however
Apache doesn't seem to be compiled with "--enable-so".  BTW I am just taking
the configure script variables from the phpinfo(); output.

Any ideas?

Scott.