[BlueOnyx:00340] Re: Customers unable to use mail services

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.com.mx
Mon Jan 19 23:50:09 -05 2009

You can try loggin as root

And issuing the following commands.

cd /etc/init.d
./dovecot stop
./dbrecover start
./dovecot start

That might help

HTH

Rodrigo O
Xnet

-----Original Message-----
From: blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it [mailto:blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it] On
Behalf Of Alex Moen
Sent: Lunes, 19 de Enero de 2009 10:15
To: blueonyx at blueonyx.it
Subject: [BlueOnyx:00300] Customers unable to use mail services

Hi all,

Have not yet upgraded to BlueOnyx, planning to as soon as time allows and I
can test it out.

Until then, we have a NuOnce BlueCentOS server that is experiencing the
"check pass; user unknown" and "PAM_pwdb[22983]: get passwd; pwdb: structure
is no longer valid" errors.  The fix, according to Google, was at
http://www.nuonce.net/bq-howto.php?action=view&id=23... which is no longer
in existence. I realize that this is a mailing list for BlueOnyx, and I
apologize for the off-topic post, but this seems to be where the expertise
for BlueCentOS has moved to since the other list is off-air.

Does anyone have an answer for this?  We have a couple of those really
impatient customers that are nasty if things don't go perfectly right on
this server, and we had to reboot it twice last week to get this problem
solved.  Unfortunately, we don't find out about the problem until they are
upset and worked into a frenzy.

TIA,

Alex