[BlueOnyx:02843] Re: metamail package

JW Simpson john at swajime.com
Sun Nov 8 13:39:00 -05 2009

Yes ... I don't want to mess up the system.
Can I not download the package and install it without dinking with the
yum settings?

I'm looking at
http://www.rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/metamail.html?hl=com&cs=metamail%3APN%3A0%
3A0%3A1%3A0%3A0%3A0&qArStr=1&qRtStr=1&qDnStr=0 and I don't see CentOS
listed.

This is what I've tried:

        # wget
        http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/RedHat/ftp/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/2.1AS/en/os/SRPMS/metamail-2.7-30.src.rpm
        # yum install metamail-2.7-30.src.rpm
        Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
        * BlueOnyx: blueonyx.precisionweb.net
        * Solarspeed.net: mirror.smd.net
        * addons: ftp.osuosl.org
        * base: dist1.800hosting.com
        * extras: mirror.anl.gov
        * updates: dist1.800hosting.com
        Setting up Install Process
        Examining metamail-2.7-30.src.rpm: metamail-2.7-30.src
        Cannot add package metamail-2.7-30.src.rpm to transaction. Not a
        compatible architecture: src
        Nothing to do

I would certainly appreciate any assistance. (I've gotten really spoiled
with aptitude ...)

--
JW Simpson <john at swajime.com>
SwaJime's Cove℠