[BlueOnyx:02961] Re: Installing BQ packages on BX...

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Fri Nov 27 20:25:12 -05 2009

Why is the only solution always to throw more money at something?  I
understand the issue with using unsupported software, but before all of
those BQ customers of NuOnce throw their software away and start over or
simply elect to stay on BQ, there is an answer.

If you are setting up a new machine and want to install NuOnce OWM or AW
Stats, install from the BlueOnyx-5.3-20090405 ISO, then skip the YUM update
option at the end of the configuration.  Then log into the BX GUI and
install the two packages from the Third Party Software section.  Once
finished, then you can YUM update your BX box to get current.

At either the BlueOnyx-5.3-20090801 version or the BlueOnyx-5.4-20091107
version, the developers took out the compatibility for BQ software.  I guess
that's one way to get people to buy the aftermarket packages...