[BlueOnyx:04260] MySQL/phpmyadmin error

Don Teague blueonyx at donteague.com
Sat Apr 17 13:58:26 -05 2010

Okay,

I've tried to figure this one out, but I'm not having any luck.

[root at bx2 ~]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 59
Server version: 5.0.77 Source distribution

-- As we can see, the root password (in the blank spot, obviously) is
working just fine. I'm putting it in each time the command line asks
for it.

However, from the GUI, with the same user (root) password (not shown)
and port #, I'm told that "MySQL connection cannot be established.
Check settings."

I'm about at the end of my rope here ... all of my sites on the server
are working, and are calling their respective databases with no
problem - So there isn't an outage situation.

However, I can't login with phpmyadmin to view the status of the
databases, which could come back to be a problem (I suspect)

Anyone have any ideas what I should look at? I'm quite lost.