[BlueOnyx:05971] Re: Recent post and cooments about CMS installers

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Dec 1 18:59:53 -05 2010

On 1/12/2010 11:45 PM, Abdul Rashid Abdullah wrote:
> For me it's not the installation which I normally knock out in 5 minutes
> anyways.  I prefer custom installation actually so I can tweak the
> permissions and so that I know what my clients are doing on the system but
> that's the kind of business I have at the moment and for that I can say
> automated installers are good.
>
> The issue for me is with permissions to do certain things once installed.
> The app calls certain utilities on the system in order to resize images,
> etc..  Therein lies the issue for me.

I am curious which app(s) you have issues with for resizing /
permissions... When WHAM modules are built, these issues are always part
of the considerations in the install scripts. Generally, WHAM modules
are designed to run without any openbasedir changes, so that should mean
no external dependencies or security issues.

Regards,
Greg.