[BlueOnyx:05996] Re: Recent post and cooments about CMS installers

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Dec 2 16:44:32 -05 2010

On 3/12/2010 6:58 AM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
> On 2/12/2010 1:24 PM, Abdul Rashid Abdullah wrote:
>> Greg,
>>
>> Try installing glFusion and all the plugins they have.  Most of them come
>> with the application right off the bat.  Try out Media Gallery in
>> particular.  Also try out updating profiles within.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rashid
>>
> Until now, I had not heard of glFusion... I'll have a peek, and add it
> to my list of packages to investigate as a potential WHAM module.
>
> Regards,
> Greg.

Abdul.

I've just had a look at this app, to see how easy it will be to roll up
as a module. A test install has come up with the following recommendations:

Safe mode: Recommended OFF
open_basedir: Recommended OFF
Memory Limit: Recommended 48 Meg.

Without even looking at anything else, I am a little skeptical about any
app that is asking you to disable these basic security parameters. I am
even more confused as to why it would need 48 meg memory limit. All
other PHP apps on my server run fine in 16 meg...

If you run 48 meg for this app in a vsite, and someone hammers that
vsite, you'll find your server quickly using up lots of available memory
for your apache instance....

Conclusion: I am not surprised you had problems with this app. My
suggestion, turn around and run for the hills!

Regards,
Greg.