[BlueOnyx:06111] Re: ADAPTEC AIC-9404

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Dec 14 15:55:02 -05 2010

> 2) The install will proceed on its own if left alone.
> So be careful, when creating a CD. I did this a few years ago.
> I went to bed and woke up with my PC running CentOS+BlueOnyx.
> (windows update during the evening rebooted the PC)

Company I work with had that problem a few years ago.

Owner had a big honkin' HP server he was using to run a run a bunch of virtual servers.  He put in a BlueQuartz CD and loaded up a new virtual.  Left it in the drive.

Utility company dropped power one night a week later - longer than the UPS would carry.  When he got in the next day - he had one big honkin' BlueQuartz server!

To say he was upset is a understatement.  Luckily, we was able to recover about 75% of the lost virtual machines and data.

But it was that incident, combined with other people in the BlueQuartz list saying "Hey - that's happened to me too!" that caused Brian to change the installer.  After that, it waited till you hit RETURN to proceed.  Did your custom CD creation process reverse that change??

Chuck